Friday, July 9, 2010

Mom and Dad come to visit!


Well I am almost a month behind on my blogging so I guess it is time I get back on it. We have been so busy these past three weeks that they have flown by. My parents made their first trip out together (mom has already come out once) on the 17th of June. Taylor was already off on Friday of that weekend so we were both able to hang out with them for a three day weekend. It was NONSTOP. If you know my dad you know that the Brocks don't mess around. We were on the go the whole weekend. We rode mtn bikes in Cloudcroft, hiked, grilled out, went out to eat, played with pup, took books to my school, shopped in Ruidoso, explored, and went to White Sands. The four of us had the BEST time together. When my parents flew in on Thursday afternoon they were able to meet Teal for the first time. They loved her and she loved them. She especially loved hanging around Mom (a.k.a. Nanna). She would follow her wherever she went.

On our way to Alamogordo we stopped in Orogrande to show Mom and Dad Taylor's job site. Later that night we grilled out steaks and enjoyed a nice evening on our 4x6 foot concrete patio. On Friday, we all went up to Cloudcroft to go hiking and mtn biking. Since Dad is having surgery on his shoulder, he let Taylor borrow is mtn bike for a while. Taylor was so excited. Our first trail we tried was quite an expert's trail. It was tough to say the least..haha but Taylor stuck with it and LOVED it.

We hung around up there till about dinner time and came back to Alamo. We took Mom and Dad to our favorite spot, Pizza Patio, and enjoyed some great Pizza.

On Saturday we decided to ride around town on our bikes and show dad the town. We came back and grabbed mom and Teal and headed up to Ruidoso. We ate at a really good place for lunch and shopped around. Saturday night we were exhausted so instead of cooking we ended up going to our other local favorite Chili's! haha Sunday (Father's Day) we had a lot to do so we woke up early and enjoyed a cup of Joe on our little patio. We started our busy day by going to White Sands. Mom and Dad couldn't believe how beautiful the park was!


We then came back and loaded up all by boxes to take to the school. Mom and Dad loved my school. They couldn't get over that I could see the mountains out my windows. Dad wanted us to go mtn biking again so we headed up to Cloudcroft for the second time. Taylor and I hit the trail while Mom and Dad hung out with Teal. The trip didn't last long cause I def. went over my handlebars and crashed. We headed back to Alamo and Taylor cooked some amazing ribs for Father's Day.

We just really enjoyed hanging out with my parents and showing them around the town we now live in. It was neat for them to see our house, job site, and school. Teal loved them and cant wait for them to come back for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment