Monday, March 29, 2010

Buddy's Visit!







So I am REAL behind on my posting but I just haven't had a moment to sit down and write. Although the dishwasher is waiting for me to empty it, the clothes sitting to my right need to be folded, and the house needs to be clean, I just had to take some time to catch yall up. A week and a half ago, John (a.k.a. Buddy) came to visit. He was our first guest  in our new house! John flew into El Paso around 7:30 on Friday night. Remind you we haven't seen anybody since we headed off in that old truck leaving our reception, so we were both about to jump out of our skins to see a friend!! After we picked John up we headed to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was sooo good to catch up with buddy and eat some good food. We then headed to meet Mike and Rusty, Taylor's work friends, at this "Honky Tonk" place. John taught Taylor and I how to two step and the boys played several games of pool. On Saturday, I made a huge breakfast for the boys while they watched hunting and talked about hunting... nothing has changed! We got ready and headed to White Sands. Taylor and I were kinda frustrated because it had been like 70 degrees all week and then this weekend it was like in the 40s! So we froze our hinnies off at white sands but it didn't stop us at all! After hanging out and showing John White Sands we then headed up to Cloudcroft. It was AWESOME up there. The boys wanted to check out the public hunting land while I wanted to shop... that didn't work. We drove up and downs these beautiful roads with snow everywhere. We were told there was this beautiful lookout spot that we needed to check out. So we road all the way up there to find no lookout spot...so sad. We headed back to Alamogordo about 6:00. The boys picked up some sardines and C.C. on our way home. When we got home the boys sat in the kitchen in camping chairs eating their sardines and drinking their C.C. trying to figure out when they became friends!! haha I had to beg them to go to dinner at like 8:30! On Sunday, we headed to Lowe's, hung around the house, and headed to the airport. We arrived in El Paso a little early so we decided to go check out the border with the big ole fence. I was sooo cool. You could def. see Mexico...it was crazy! We finally had to go to their airport and I thought T was going to cry when we got there... instead I teared up! It was just such a FUN weekend together just like old times! We can't thank John enough for coming. It brought joy to our life and we are so thankful to have a friend like John! We love you Buddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment